Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Darkhorse Dependence

I have changed my fantasy baseball team name to Darkhorse Dependence. The name used to be Pathways Dependence before I swiftly fell to a league worst 2 and 9. My guys were miserable. I made some early trades that did not pan out as expected, and I had some major underachievers.



After about four weeks of solid play, however, I now humbly confess my love for this team. I can't help but be enthralled by the rally my guys are putting together as we near the All-star break.

My cast is flooded with a likable, dynamic, and youthful spirit that has pulled it together collectively as if they know they are assembled together on my roster. (Although they don't, it is only fantasy. I sigh as I remind myself this part). Plagued with injury, my comeback has been buttressed by both the over-achievement of bench players and solid pickups from free agency.

My Current Starting Roster (Minus Injured Carlos Quentin and Jose Reyes)

Catcher: Brian McCann
1st: Derrek Lee
2nd: Jose Lopez
3rd: Ryan Zimmerman
SS: Alexei Ramirez
OF: Adam Lind
OF: B.J. Upton
OF: Adam Jones
U: Michael Bourn
P: Yankees (Can't love 'em all)

Listen, while I Smell Sexy seems to have a pretty good hold on the league lead, look out for this squad. I firmly believe they will do some damage come the second half of the season. While most managers of a no buy-in league might divorce their squads after a 2-9 start, I am attentive as ever. With an exciting lineup like that, who wouldn't be?

No comments:

Post a Comment